Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available at the point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (together the ‘Data Protection Laws’), give individuals (known as ‘data subjects’) certain rights over their personal data whilst imposing certain obligations on the organisations that process their data.
Personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact kane.co.uk
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- your name, company name, phone number, postal addresses and product information when you register for a dashboard on kane.co.uk
- your email address, name and reference number for the purposes of gathering feedback about our products and services
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use kane.co.uk.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on kane.co.uk
- how long you spend on each kane.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
The Way We Use Information:
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- provide services and products to you
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of kane.co.uk.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary to perform the services we offer to our users.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with other company departments. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for 2 years. We will delete access log data after 30 days.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
Following a link to another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Customer Services Team if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Customer Services Team
Cookies set by us:
- session cookie
The statistics we gather include the number of visits we receive, where our visitors come to the site from, and our pages subsequently visited.
By using kane.co.uk, you consent to the use of these cookies. You can change the cookie settings from your browser at any time.
For more information on cookies please see HERE.
Third party cookies/scripts:
- google analytics
Last updated: 25 Nov 2019