What are the effects of Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon Monoxide is a very deadly gas, which has:
NO TASTE - NO SMELL - NO COLOUR
In short it can not be sensed by the human body........
But can KILL!
The early symptoms of CO poisoning can be as others associated with colds or other ailments. A headache is one of the first signs - this quickly increases to feeling tired, nauseous, dizzy and faint. So curl up in front of a fire emitting CO and you may feel tired, fall asleep and not wake up.
If such symptoms occur then we suggest the following:
Seek medical advice - Doctors are becoming more aware of CO symptoms.
Have your boiler/fire checked by a reputable heating engineer (ask to see their registration card). It is also preferable that they have an instrument that measures CO (It is however not a statutory requirement they carry one).
For increased security, fit a wall mounted alarm with a British Standard 'Kite' Mark.