Government has confirmed to the Heating & Hot Water Industry Council (HHIC) you are a key worker when performing essential heating & hot water repairs in other people’s premises.
This means you can perform essential repairs if you follow Government advice summarised in these 6 steps:
- Perform essential repairs and maintenance in people’s homes if you are well, have no symptoms & tell customers before you arrive.
- On arrival, wash your hands with soap & water for 20 seconds then wash your hands regularly, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing, and when leaving their home.
- If you cannot wash your hands, you must use hand sanitiser and have it with you at all times.
- Always keep a safe distance of at least 2 metres from any occupants and ensure good ventilation where you are working, including opening windows.
- Do not work in any home self isolating or shielding individuals unless stopping a direct risk to their safety - For example, emergency plumbing, heating or electrical repair.
- Do not perform ANY work if you have coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
It also means you can apply for a COVID-19 test if you have or have had symptoms - For more information, go to www.https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested